Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 17:38:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.tera.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how-to boot for 0:sd(1,a)??

   Among the first things I need to configure on my new 6x86 box
   is changing the boot//reboot to look at unit=1 rather than
   unit=0 as it does by default.

   I've got 3 SCSI drive and have FBSD rooted on the second drive,
   drive 1 or unit one.

   Upon reboot, the prompt pauses for what seems like 1.5 seconds,
   then asks ``F1'' and tries to boot off

      1:sd(0,a)

   It can't find a /kernel on sd 0 and goes into an infinite loop.
   When I enter

      0:sd(1,a)

   I boot FBSD.

   What do I do to automate the reboot sequence?

   I checked the archives, I changed the i386/conf/GENERIC
   config file to root at ``wd1''.  --Should this is "sd1"?

   Thanks for any help here!

   gary kline