Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:11:19 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.1-PRE/AMD64, Thunderbird, Enigmail (64Bit)

Hello.
I ran into trouble using Enigmail 0.94.0 with the lates Thunderbird
1.5-client compiled natively from ports collection on a FreeBSD 6.1-PRE
box running a pure amd64 OS.

PGP backend is the latest GNUpg backend found in ports.

It is impossible to me encrypting a test email to myself or configure
keys out of the keyring. As often as I try to send an encrypted mail, I
receive 'Enigmail: Failed to access Enigmail service". It seems the
service Enigmail doesn't respond or is existent on the box, but I got
all the buttons in Thunderbird.

The only thing not tested yet is to make GNUpg behave like OpenPGP.

Any ideas? Is that a 64Bit issue or simply a FreeBSD-non-working or
simply a stupid confi issue?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver