Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 18:00:50 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
Cc:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@cec.wustl.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vim highlighting in a regular xterm?

Christopher called,
> hawk (hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu) wrote:

> > > I wasn't aware that vim handled code indent, it never worked for me in
> > > C.

> > There seem to be suggestions that it does, but I haven't been
> > successful . . .

> Do you have 'set ai' in your .vimrc?

Yes, I have that one.  What I'm after, though, is to automatically
indent the next line by another three spaces after a do, and to come
back 3 spaces after an end do, and the like.  emacs does this, which
meant I fell into a habit of writing in emacs and editing in vim . . .
but I'd like to get away from emacs entirely (I don't even have it
installed on this machine at the moment . . .)

rick

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.       Smeal 178    (814) 375-4700
dochawk@psu.edu