Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 06:24:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        bad@uhf.wireless.net (Bernie Doehner)
Cc:        Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AudioTrix Pro detected but produces no sound :-(

> What OS version are you running? I have found BIG problems with the stock
> August 4 SNAP sound driver and my OPTI931 card (problems related to
> improper flag setting, and improper I/O handling - see below).
>
> June 7th Luigi driver works even worse. I have submited my suggested patch
> to Luigi for evaluation but I think he's been very busy. See below
> for my patch with reference to Aug 4th SNAP shipped sound driver...  Note:

just to clarify: this patch brings dmabuf.c in sync with that is in
snd980607, which seems to work fine for me on 2.2.6 with opti931,
CS4237, and Vibra16X on all the machines i have tried. i suspect there
might be some issue in the interatcion of the sound driver with -current
(see my previous message), rather than in the driver itself.

	cheers
	luigi