Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:34:27 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        "'Zac M. Speidel'" <pepsikid83@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 4.0-release installation problems

Dear Zac,

>     I have heard about some system BIOS having an
> issue with exceeding 1024 cylinders or whatnot, but
> this is for OLD machines not new 1.5 ghz machine..

You assume that just because your machine is still warm from the factory
that it has no legacy attached? Welcome to the happy world of the PC:
remember, in every PIII there is an 8086, fighting to get out.

I do think that you ran into the BIOS 1024 cylinder address limit, if you
don't mind me disagreeing with your view. (Unless someone proves me wrong)
If you're willing  to play with Partitionmagic a little more, try making the
FreeBSD partiotion the first on the disk and the Windows one the second. Not
sure if that is at all possible...

    Kees Jan