Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 11:19:12 +0200
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Subject:   Re: NOCRYPT / NOSECURE

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 08:20:07AM +0100, Mark Murray wrote:

> SO - my query reduces to "How many folks are there out there who can
> NOT have crypto SOURCES on their system, even if they are doing a non
> crypto build?"

Not in terms of export control or disk space but I'm concerend that
if fundamental things of the base distribution depend on OpenSSL and
friends this will lead to the need of much more frequent updates of
the base every time yet again another expoitable bug is found in them.
Not checking out the crypto sources and using the port versions of
the components in question if they are really needed one is on the
real safe side and there's usually no need to update FreeBSD for
quite some time.