Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:45:36 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        q <q2001@plasa.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP forwarding route

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 09:21:42AM +0700, q wrote:
> How to make A & D can communicate each others ?
>
> Assume :
> A : 192.168.0.1
> B : 192.168.0.2
> C : 192.168.0.3
> D : 192.168.0.4
>
>  +---------+     +---------+    +---------+
>  |         |     |         |    |         |
>  |        A+-----+B       C+----+D        |
>  |         |     |         |    |         |
>  +---------+     +---------+    +---------+
>
> I was add /etc/rc.conf with 4 lines below :
>
> gateway_enable="YES"
> router_enable="YES"
> router="routed"
> router_flags="-s"

For one, your IP allocations aren't good (not unless you're doing
bridging, which I suspect you're not). There are 2 seperate networks
involved in your diagram above, and not 1 as your IP allocations would
suggest.

If you put C & D on a different network, eg: 192.168.1.x; things will
work as expected.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>