Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:07:47 -0800
From:      "Chris H." <chris#@1command.com>
To:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please mark apache13-ssl BROKEN

Quoting "Chris H." <chris#@1command.com>:

> Greetings,
> After building the www/apache13-ssl from ports src, and installing
> without errors. I ran httpsdctl configtest to insure everything was
> AOK.
> However, it is not. It returns the following:
> Syntax error on line 208 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpsd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so into server:
> /usr/local
> /libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so: Undefined symbol "ap_null_cleanup"
>
> Commenting the loadmodule line only causes Apache to complain about
> the next module in the same fashion. This is a terrible loss to the
> FreeBSD ports system. Any news as to when Apache will be working again?
>
> FYI:
> FreeBSD-7-PRERELEASE cvsupped src/ports 2008-01-15, build/install
> world/kernel
> on the same day.
> This is an SMP system (2 CPU).
>
> Everything /but/ Apache works as expected.

OK. I found the problem with this. Seems inspite of the fact that
/usr/bin/objformat is considered obsolete, and is not created by
default. It /is/ needed - at least for www/apache13-ssl. So I was
able to build a working copy of Apache by performing the following:

touch /usr/bin/objformat

Edit /usr/bin/objformat and add the following:

#!/bin/sh
echo elf

Save the file and perform the following:

chmod +r +x -w /usr/bin/objformat

Built www/apache13-ssl from src, and everything worked perfectly. :)

  Chris out...

--
panic: kernel trap (ignored)