Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:57:20 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        "semin@NZ" <semin@mail2000.com.tw>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "commercial high-performance X servers" in FAQ

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 08:49:16AM +0800, semin@NZ wrote:
> Hi there.
>=20
> The section "6.4. Are there any commercial high-performance X servers?" i=
n FAQ mentioned Metro Link and Xi Graphics. However, I can't connect on www=
.metrolink.com.
>=20
> On the other hand, although it mentioned about Xi Graphics that "There is=
 a free ``compatibility demo'' of version 5.0 available.", but there're som=
e words in Xi Graphics' site like this:
>=20
> Lack of demand caused this OS to be dropped from standard list.
> It is only available for Custom Projects.
>=20
> Is that mean we've got to find other place to get commercial X servers?

This FAQ should be taken out back and shot.  They days of commerial
viability of X servers for UNIX-like systmes as a standalone product
have long past.  At least outside very specalized applications.

-- Brooks

--=20

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J--