Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:55:25 +0100
From:      Peter McGarvey <pmcgarvey@vianetworks.co.uk>
To:        joerg.maier@rz.uni-mannheim.de, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: some problem with mount_cd9660

On Thursday 04 April 2002 13:49 pm, joerg.maier@rz.uni-mannheim.de wrote:
> Hi,
> when trying to mount an iso 9660 cd i got some error message like:
> cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Device not configured
>
> But: there is a character device at /dev/acd0c
> dont know if the problem is maybe the kernel is not able to load the
> module even if there is /modules ???
>
> thanks a lot, joerg

Have you actually got a CD drive that corresponds to /dev/acd0c?  I'm
always forgetting which machines have ATAPI CD-ROMs and which have SCSI
CD-ROMS's.  Check /var/run/dmesg.boot.

Also, do you have a disk in the drive?  Yes, I know this is obvious, but
I've done this many time myself.

--
TTFN, FNORD

Peter McGarvey