Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:33:00 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        atrn@zeta.org.au
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: printers (was Re: keyboards)

atrn@zeta.org.au writes:
> David Kelly wrote:
> > As a result, I don't buy these products. Even for a WinNT application.
>
> But at least you should ask the manufacturer if they support Unix so
> they get the idea there is some demand there.

I bug them periodically. Usually ask for Mac version first. Then Unix/
FreeBSD. Finally, "You mean I'll have to buy a PC and have to learn
Windows to use your product?"

Were I to buy an inkjet printer today would have to give Epson serious
consideration. Especially over HP as Epson never dropped Mac support.
But possibly more important was an Epson full page ad featuring a pretty
girl. The ad copy said something like, "At 300x300 you see a pretty girl
in a bathing suit. At 600x600 you notice the suit is wet. At 14400x14400
you notice the bathing suit is painted on." My kind of printer company.