Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 1996 09:41:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brent Nordquist <nordquis@winternet.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where is contrib on ftp.freebsd.org?

I noticed in my latest compile of -current that libtcl and tclsh want
to compile.  (I removed them from the Makefiles as someone suggested
so that the compile would succeed.)  I had pulled all the source from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src, but the contrib
directory doesn't appear to be there.  In fact, after examining the
ls-lR.gz file, I can't find it anywhere under FreeBSD-current on the
FTP site.

Am I missing something, or is sup the only way to get the contrib stuff?

I know there was a huge discussion about TCL going into contrib, but
it seems a little strange to me that suddenly you can't get the whole
source tree and compile; you need some external contrib pieces for it
to succeed...

--
Brent J. Nordquist      Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
nordquis@winternet.com              ...Who knows?