Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:53:42 -0000
From:      "Tim Preece" <tim@actcom.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Connecting To the net via a Wingate server

Hello,

Recently, I have installed FreeBSD Release 4.2 on a box at work, I have set
up samba and apache and all the other box's can connect through smb and
http, but I cannot get a connection to the outside world from the ports
collection.

I have read the ports info and feel that possibly i need to do something
with FETCH_CMD but do not know what.

The network connects through a NT4 Server running Wingate 4.0.

On my other box ( NT4 ), if I want to ftp out, I have to set the remote host
to being the firewall/wingate server followed by login@site:port.

I have not yet tried with regular ftp from the FBSD box, but presume it
would be simular.

Can anyone please inform me as to how I tell the ports collection to connect
through the wingate server.

Thanks

Tim Preece