Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:46:25 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Vahric MUHTARYAN <vahric@doruk.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the end of FreeBSD ?!

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:19:38AM +0200, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> Hi Everybody ,=20
>=20
> =20
>=20
>             I don't know Who can answer it or Do FreeBSD creaters watching
> this list but I wonder What is the end of FreeBSD OS.=20
>=20
> I mean Does it like RedHat ?! one day will come and FreeBSD will inform "
> After that , We are Not Free " !!!!=20

RedHat is a company that tried to make money by giving away their
product.  They found they couldn't make enough money this way, so they
stopped giving it away for free.

FreeBSD is a group of volunteers who work on the OS in their own time
and give away their product.  Companies take the product that we
produce and sell it (e.g. on CD).

Notice the difference between these two approaches?  It means there's
basically no chance that what happened with RedHat will ever happen to
FreeBSD.

Kris

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd--