Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:15:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Let's nail some things down.

We will have two logos. "Works with" and "Designed for". Do we agree?

The test for "Works with" should be a simple "can it run under some sort
of emulation?" (E.G acroread)

The test for "Designed for" should be "can we build it from source?" or
"did the developer build FreeBSD native binaries?". (E.G. netscape and
all source available ports)

Do the above statements seem reasonable? If so, let's set them in stone so
we can reduce the number of degrees of freedom in this problem and work
toward a solution.

I think Wes' concerns about "giant infrastructure" are valid. I think the
KISS principle should apply. Do we agree?

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/