Date:      Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:15:35 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@freebsd.org>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: experimental qemu-devel port update, please test!

On 07/07/07 09:02, Juergen Lock wrote:
> In article <468EFF46.4060001@freebsd.org> you write:
>>> Works great so far on -CURRENT, thanks!
>>>
>>> Did the vmwarevga thing ever settle down, and become stable?
>>

>> Although now I have the issue where using kqemu-kmod causes my system to
>> reboot or power off.  :(
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> This seems to be a -current issue, it doesn't happen for me at least
> (6.2 and previously also 6.1.)  You could check if it is dependent
> on the version of the used qemu (the 0.9.0 port, the version of
> qemu-devel in ports, or the not-yet-committed updated I posted),
> but I doubt it.  What may help is finding out which commit to -current
> started kqemu to break (find an older version that worked, then
> binary-search), or at least a backtrace from a kernel compiled
> without -fomit-frame-pointer (putting DDB in the config seems to do
> that for amd64 at least, but rebuild the entire kernel.)  There also
> is an open issue for kqemu on amd64 smp,
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=113430
> dunno if its related...
>
> 	Juergen

My host is i386, SMP, and it also happens with the current qemu-devel
port.  It must have been something in -CURRENT that changed, probably
since May15th-ish.  I can't do a binary search anytime soon to find it.
  In the past, I've recompiled kqemu and that has done the trick.  I
have all the debugging built in, but that doesn't stop the system from
rebooting or powering off.

Eric