Date:      Thu, 26 May 2011 16:58:37 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modem support MT9234ZPX-PCIE-NV

On 5/26/2011 4:12 PM, John Baldwin wrote:

> Hmm, can you get 'pciconf -lb' output?
>
> Hmm, wow, I wonder how uart(4) works at all.  It tries to reuse it's softc
> structure in uart_bus_attach() that was setup in uart_bus_probe().  Since it
> doesn't return 0 from its probe routine, that is forbidden.   I guess it
> accidentally works because of the hack where we call DEVICE_PROBE() again
> to make sure the device description is correct.

I think this is a similar card.  Had it laying about for a while and
popped it in.  cu -l to it, attaches, but I am not able to interact with it.

none3@pci0:5:0:0:       class=0x070002 card=0x20282205 chip=0x015213a8
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Exar Corp.'
    device     = 'XR17C/D152 Dual PCI UART'
    class      = simple comms
    subclass   = UART
    bar   [10] = type Memory, range 32, base 0xe8950000, size 1024, enabled

NetBSD supposedly has support for this card

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/pci/pucdata.c.diff?r1=1.43&r2=1.44

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400