Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 1995 13:50:28 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Charles Kenneth Green - PRC <chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiprocessor support

>	Anyhow, I was hoping that perhaps I could pick your brains for
>a little advice. I already own a number of O.S. design books and I found
>a book in one of the local bookstores with example code for multiprocessors
>but you can never have enough reference material :) I'd be very interested
>in any (no matter how small) advise anyone has to offer. Perhaps if I
>walk into the next meeting with a stack of reference material they
>might be wow'd into thinking "We have to do this!!" (But I think that'd
>be too simple ;)

Anyone interrested in SMP should look at the SMP work Jack Vogel began.
I haven't been able to look at it yet, but it should be enough to
initialize additional CPUs and run crude processes (enough to see that
its doing something) on them.  It will probably need a lot of work just
to get it to run under current.

The archive file is ftp://freefall.FreeBSD.org/pub/smp/SMP.tar.Z

Good Luck!

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM