Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:39:52 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sam <sah@softcardsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fdisk/geom, AoE 5.2.1

--utG8zEvBNE7w4yrA

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:34:05PM -0500, Sam wrote:
+> I can read and write to the disk.  I cannot,
+> however, partition it and I'm soliciting the
+> list for ideas as to why.

You can set kern.geom.debugflags to 5 and see what's going on there.

+> I'm probably not tickling something right.  Is it
+> possible I need to grease the path for the disk
+> partition table in geom?  I didn't see anything of
+> the like.  Maybe it's a tasting issue?

Show me the source!:)

+> BTB - Is the geom(4) manpage finished in 5.3?

Nope, but for developing GEOM classes there are many useful (I hope) manual
pages:

	DECLARE_GEOM_CLASS(9)
	g_access(9)
	g_attach(9)