Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:52:11 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        shovey@buffnet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thanks - Was: Re: urgent - sendmail question

--=_alternative 00782DD788256BD0_=

Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net> wrote on 06/06/2002 01:15:57 PM:

> You show an error in your logs?  Sure its on your path?  I use

> /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q30m

> which says - run as a daemon (-bd) and push out the queue stuff every 30
> minutes.

Thanks, seems like it should've worked without the -q30m but it didn't,
maybe that's required? Anyway, it's working now.

--
Chip

> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 chip.wiegand@simrad.com wrote:

> > I stopped the sendmail service on our server, now can't get it
restarted.
> > I tried sendmail -bd & but that doesn't work.
> > This has been running for almost a year without stopping, how do I get
it
> > to start again? I looked at sendmail.org docs
> > and can't find any command to start sendmail. I looked at the freebsd
> > handbook sendmail chapter and in 18.5.4 it
> > says to restart sendmail after making changes to relay-domains file,
but I
> > cannot find anywhere the command to do
> > a restart.
> > Can someone please help me with this? I dont' want to reboot the
server to
> > just restart sendmail.
> >
> > --
> > Chip Wiegand
> > Computer Services
> > Simrad, Inc
> > www.simradusa.com
> > chip.wiegand@simrad.com
> >
> > "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
> >      --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
> > Corporation, 1977
> >  (They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)
--=_alternative 00782DD788256BD0_=

&gt; You show an error in your logs? &nbsp;Sure its on your path? &nbsp;I use<br>
</tt></font>
</tt></font>
&gt; minutes.<br>
</tt></font>
</tt></font>
&gt; &gt; I tried sendmail -bd &amp; but that doesn't work.<br>
&gt; &gt; This has been running for almost a year without stopping, how do I get it<br>
&gt; &gt; to start again? I looked at sendmail.org docs<br>
&gt; &gt; and can't find any command to start sendmail. I looked at the freebsd<br>
&gt; &gt; handbook sendmail chapter and in 18.5.4 it<br>
&gt; &gt; says to restart sendmail after making changes to relay-domains file, but I<br>
&gt; &gt; cannot find anywhere the command to do<br>
&gt; &gt; a restart.<br>
&gt; &gt; Can someone please help me with this? I dont' want to reboot the server to<br>
&gt; &gt; just restart sendmail.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; --<br>
&gt; &gt; Chip Wiegand<br>
&gt; &gt; Computer Services<br>
&gt; &gt; Simrad, Inc<br>
&gt; &gt; www.simradusa.com<br>
&gt; &gt; chip.wiegand@simrad.com<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &quot;There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.&quot;<br>
&gt; &gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;--Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment<br>
&gt; &gt; Corporation, 1977<br>
&gt; &gt; &nbsp;(They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)</tt></font>
--=_alternative 00782DD788256BD0_=--