Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:03:53 -0800
From:      BSD baby <bsd@hitmedia.com>
To:        George Vagner <george@vagner.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reccomended printers

> I am looking to buy a laser printer for < $500 but need
> some reccomendations on which one is decent for home/office
> use. I had seen the HP 1200, it looks ok, will it last?

Yes and it works VERY well with FreeBSD.
It handles PostScript files directly.  No GhostScript needed.

I did the same research you're doing (laser printer under $500)
and came to the HP LaserJet 1200 conclusion last month.
(NOTE: the 1200se and the 1200 are the same thing.)

We have one at our office that prints about 1000 pages a day,
and has been doing so for the last year and a half without fail.

It's a workhorse.  Highly recommended.