Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:38:05 +1100
From:      David Hobley <davidh@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   de0 autoselect not working!

Hello,

perhaps someone could help me with a small problem with
the de driver.

When I boot FreeBSD (3.4) it correctly recognises my
Ethernet Card (de0) and selects the media type to
"autoselect". After booting however I get a regular
stream of messages:

de0: enabling 10baseT port

If I leave that as is, it eventually changes its' mind
and says
de0: enabling 10base2/BNC

At which point the network stops working.

I can workaround this by typing after boot:
# ifconfig de0 media 10baseT/UTP

Is there a standard way to automate this? Or is
this version of the driver confused?

I have tried to search the FreeBSD web site mail
archives, but the discs crashed recently, and the
search facilities don't appear to be up yet.

--
Cheers,
david