Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 95 20:25:48 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        peter@bonkers.taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some pcvt quirks

> DEC terminals don't have both a DEL key and a BACKSPACE key.

DEC VT5x terminals have both keys.
DEC VT1xx terminals have both keys.
DEC VT2xx, VT3xx, and VT4xx terminals are configurable as to whether
they support an escape or a backspace in place of F15 and F16.  The
default installed keyboard overlay indicates these values.
The VAXStation and DECStation machines (ie: not "headless") have
VT2XX series keyboards.  The default "DECTerm" unde DECWindows
emulateas a "VT3xx series" terminal, and can configure both keys
in software, as with the physical VT3xx terminals.

The default keyboard for DEC Alpha boxes as shipped from DEC have both
keys (they are PC-style keyboards).

> Also, anyone know where I can get a PC-compatible sun-style optical mouse?

Both Mouse Systems and Data General sell these.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.