Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:52:45 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro <mwp@pucrs.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: E-mail client

Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro wrote:

> I'm changing my workstations to FreeBSD only, baning NT from all of
> them. I've successfully installed and tested WindowMaker, StarOffice and
> other stuff. The only thing I need now is a good, friendly and reliable
> e-mail client.

Mutt. No question about it, it's the best mail client ever[0]. It's
curses- rather than X- based, so it may take a while for Windows users
to get used to it, but that shouldn't be too long.

[0] YMMV.

> didn't work at all). I'm looking for an FreeBSD e-mail client wich
> doesn't crash and works correctly, an e-mail client with filters and
> other facilities.

If you want to filter incoming mail, look at procmail.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D