Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2019 14:47:41 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: harfbuzz-2.5.3 problem with make package => hb-view: no  such file or directory

In message <imsq-hh9f-wny@FreeBSD.org>, Jan Beich writes:
> (CC'ing appropriate public list. I don't help privately.)
>
> Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com> writes:
>
> > Dear jbeich,
> >
> > I have harfbuzz-2.5.2 installed. Latest portsnap brought harfbuzz-2.5.3.
> > make clean, make works like a charm,
> >
> > but make package stops with
> >
> > ===> Building package for harfbuzz-2.5.3
> > pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/print/harfbuzz/work/stage/usr/
> local/bin/hb-view: No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make: stopped in /usr/ports/print/harfbuzz
>
> How do you build ports: manually, via portmaster/portupgrade or via poudriere
> /synth?
> "make package" ran fine on the package cluster which uses poudriere.

Sometimes when ports are built by hand, an out of date prerequisite is
may cause this. Check your build log for failures which in turn cause
missing files at install. It is suggested that the OP rebuild the port
within script(1). Then review the typescript file. The answer will be
there.

If building using portmaster, portupgrade, or synth, also run it within
script(1) in order to analyze the output later. If through portmaster &
friends, make sure the whole ports tree is up to date.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>