Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:55:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      regisr <regisr@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with large amounts of IDE drives

On 27-Jan-2004 Elliot Finley wrote:
> If you end up switching controllers, you should consider 3ware.  I'm
> currently running 17 IDE drives in one of my systems.  I'm running the first
> off the motherboard and the remaining 16 off the 3ware 8-port SATA
> controllers.

I had an Iwill Side Raid controller 100 (HighPoint chipset). I lost the array
configuration. I must make a backup disk to boot.
Now I have replaced it by a 3ware Escalade 7506 Raid card 2 IDE channels. Each
channel supports only one disk (no slave) but seems to be faster than the Iwill.
It is not a SATA controller, IDE only.