Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 17:21:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Filtering port 25 (was Re: On hub.freebsd.org refusing to   talk to dialups)

yah, thats what I want to know. personall my feeling is that people who
abused the way things were before made it bad for those who haven't done
anything wrong. thats life. just like in school when the teacher punsihes
a whole class because she didn;t catch the perpetrator orf the "crime".
Ultimately those who have not done anything wrong are going to push to
make laws against those who did do something wrong (obviously this has
happened in some areas of California?).

I've seen mail servers been taken down and crippled by spammers. Its not
just an annoyance anymore.

personally I'm kindof a anti-spam crusader, I don;t want it keep it away,
and I can
block whatever I want from my machines. granted my machines are mine
personally and not those of an ISP. And I work at a school where all
security/connectivity policy is controlled by me on the particular subnet
I'm on, and I don;t do anythign heavy handed. I haven;t had a problem with
RBL/DUL there yet. Our Computer Center however has been blocked by ORBS
once though.

-Pat

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking