Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:27:09 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Tao Huang <m0th@dcs.shef.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about NAT

Tao,

Using a 4.3-Stable box with a similar set-up (natd instead of IPNAT) I
never encountered this problem.

Surely if the box has an interface configured with the external IP
address, and a default route to an IP down that interface, then the box
doesn't need to use NAT because it is the one with the external IP address!

Perhaps attaching a netstat -rn and netstat -in would help.