Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:00:06 +0100
From:      "Rob MacGregor" <freebsd.macgregor@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: any ideas when 5.5 will be out

On Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:47 AM, Paul Root <> unleashed the infinite
monkeys and produced:

> I will go to 5.5, I'm sure, on my servers. I update
> from source fairly regularly. And that was the original
> question: "Why would 5.5 come out after 6.0?"

For the same reason 4.11 came out after 5.3.  Quoting from Kris Kennaway's
response to the mail before yours :)

"Read the handbook for detailed explanation of how FreeBSD releases work."

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!