Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:39:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      mikel@vintners.net (Mike Lempriere)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   transmit underflow?

Excerpt from a freebsd nightly security check output:

  > > de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to
  > 160|1024)

There's several lines like this with both numbers getting bigger.  It
seems to go through this again a day or two after any reboot.

The message wording makes it sound like it's taking care of the problem,
whatever it really is...

a)  Is this a problem (something I need to worry about)?

b)  Is there something I can do to set it up right at boot time instead
    of it's renegotiating it's way up over the next few days?

(By the way, if it helps any, it's a DEC Pentium 266 with a DE450 and a
DE500 NIC, the latter is having the problem.  It's running RELEASE-3.3.)

Thanks!

--
Pacific NorthWest wine, blues, jazz info; http://vintners.net/~mikel
Mike Lempriere: mikel@vintners.net; work: MLempriere@ActiveVoice.com