Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 1997 17:36:59 -0700
From:      Yimin Hsiao <yihsiao@ucsd.edu>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Help with PPP

I'm trying to establish a conection with my ISP using ppp so that I can use the web browser.  I did it by going into ppp and using term program.  After a connection is established the ppp prompt switched to packet mode, and I was free to use the web browser.  But every time I did the above, after a while (~2 min) I got logged off.  Why is that?  Am I supposed to just use the term program to establish connection and let the ppp program sit idle and go ahead and use my brower?  Or is there any command that I'm supposed to type in the ppp prompt after I made the connection?