Date:      Tue, 06 Apr 2010 19:21:13 +0200
From:      Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
To:        "Zane C.B." <v.velox@vvelox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: processing the MOVE file

On 06/04/2010 18:45, Zane C.B. wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:31:38 +0200
> Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de> wrote:
>
>> On 06/04/2010 17:08, Zane C. B. wrote:
>>> When it comes to processing the MOVE file, how does one check if
>>> the a move is relevant to the currently installed package?
>>
>> If the origin of your package is no longer available, I'd use
>> the last matching MOVED entry.
>
> The problem with this method is I've seen it fail before on gstreamer
> and a few others.

If you knew the date of the ports tree the package was built
from, you could pick the first match after said date.

This is what I'd like to do for the coming version of pkg_upgrade.

There's no way to get this information, though. So I'll use the
latest entry approach as this is the one I expect to fail least
often (is that proper English?).