Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 16:30:16 +1000
From:      "Young" <young@richardson.apana.org.au>
To:        "Cillian Sharkey" <cillian@baker.ie>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: adopt a newbie program

>I've posted answers to people's questions here before, and more
>often than not, I simply reply back with read such-and-such
>a page of the FAQ/handbook etc.. <sigh>

Exactly what happens all too often .... however did you ever stop to
think that while MAN's & HOWTO's might well be a valuable memory
jogger for people that have had five or more years experience and feel
comfortable with the terminology, 99% of the verbiage in most of the
MAN's & HOWTO's is irrelevant to newbies. Who wants (or needs) to
know there are 4,395 different switches when all you were looking for
is something as basic as how one copies a file from here to there ??