Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:31:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@scds.com>
To:        kiri@pis.toba-cmt.ac.jp
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: japanese/camltk41 and x11/camltk41

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999 kiri@pis.toba-cmt.ac.jp wrote:

> At 07 Nov 1999 01:29:28 -0800,
> asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami) wrote:
> >  * Unless anyone has any objections, I would like to nuke these two ports.
> >  *
> >  * Let me know if anyone has any reason to keep these around.
> >
> > I don't have an objection, but you may want to say why you would like
> > to nuke these two ports. :)
> >
> > Sending a mail to the maintainer saying just the above is not really
> > nice.

I'm very sorry about that.  I was in a rush and forgot to state the reason
that I suggested this.  It appeared to me that camltk is no longer support
by the author and nothing in our collection requires it, so unless someone
is using it for something, we might as well remove it.  This will also
remove some of our dependencies on older version of tcl/tk.

> Sorry for negligence of having been maintain not so good for these
> ports. But these ports made for MMM(Browser based on ocaml), and I think it
> no problem because MMM ports have been taken away from pors-current.
>
> # But if camltk41 uses except MMM,things will not go well ...

There was no negligence on your end.  The author isn't supporting it
anymore, and it doesn't appear to be in use by anything anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the input.  If I don't here from anyone who needs it in
the next day, I'll remove it.

Thanks again,
Justin Seger