Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2007 01:45:51 -0700
From:      "Bramananda Reddy Gopalswamy" <reddy@force10networks.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: FreeBSD java license..

Hi,

=20

I tried posting my query to Freebsd_Sun_Info@sun.com
<mailto:Freebsd_Sun_Info@sun.com> , but it bounced back.

=20

Anybody else here can reply on this?

=20

-Reddy

=20

________________________________

From: Bramananda Reddy Gopalswamy=20
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 1:51 PM
To: Freebsd_Sun_Info@sun.com
Subject: FreeBSD java license..

=20

Hi,

=20

I am working on a project aiming to provide an on-box web interface for
managing Force10 Networks's P-Series security appliances. P-Series
offers high performance network traffic inspection, monitoring and
capture at 10 Gbps. You can checkout this link for details.=20

=20

http://www.force10networks.com/products/pseries.asp

=20

P-Series is currently based on FreeBSD operating system.

=20

For providing a web-based management interface for P-Series, I plan to
bundle FreeBSD JRE 1.5 and Tomcat 6 in the P-Series box.

I tried downloading Diablo JRE from
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml and read through
the license agreement prompted.

It was clear that Force10 needs to sign up a Trademark license agreement
with Sun. But, I am not sure if I also have to execute a commercial
license too. Pls clarify the terms and conditions and pricing details if
any.

=20

Expecting an earlier response.

=20