Date:      Sun, 5 Jul 1998 21:49:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Jon Groves <jgroves@athenet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: free DSB

Hi,

> I do not understand how you can say that "Free DSB" is free, If it cost
> $40 to get the CD-ROM from Walnut Creek CD-ROM CO.

Uh, have you actually looked at the web site?

FreeBSD is absolutely FREE if you want to do an ftp install.  If you want
the CD-ROM and the book that Walnut Creek ships with it (Greg Lehey's fine
book) then you pay $40.

> I prefer the 3.5'' DISKS because I do not have a CD-ROM drive on the
> computer I plan to install on, and not FTP because the speed of my
> connection and distance from your server to me is to slow and to far for
> a fast download.

Okay - so you do realize you can ftp.  Do you know how many disks you'd
need if you were to do a full install?  Man, more than I can carry.

Basically you're stuck - either ftp or CD-ROM.  Note there a number of
mirror sites available - maybe one of them will be a faster download for
you.  You might check for the mirrors - they're listed on the web site.

Brett
Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

How many Microsoft employees does it take to change a light
bulb? Zero. They declared Darkness[tm] the standard.