Date:      Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:56:24 -0400
From:      jason <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   I just updated to xorg and have problems.

I am running current and did a complete update just a few days ago.  I
read ports/UPDATING and tried to update all my ports, but that did not
go nicely.  The 3 line port upgrade command doesn't want to work, it
says there is a missing or open "'.", so if running with the -af options
don't get all the ports I'll do it manually.  I have used a generic
xorg.conf file and all worked.  When I added a few things stuff broke.
With the dri, glx, and dri section uncommmented startx comes up with a
black screen and a working mouse, but a froze keyboard with no lights at
all.  Only the power button would save me.  With just glx x starts but
has messed up menus, they seem to work right just look bad.  I don't
mean distorted, I mean no eye candy or smoothness.  The erased my
seettings for xfce4 so I just deleted .xfce4 and did a reinstall to
them(I had to recustomized my icons and desktop).
I will post logs and dmesg at my ftp:

http://home.ec.rr.com/infobase/

Do you need to have a copy of xorg.0.log with each option on and off
too?  So you could compare where things stop getting logged, or is that
needed?

Thanks,
Jason