Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 1995 10:22:40 -0400
From:      Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
To:        jmb@kryten.atinc.com, peter@taronga.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

On Sat, 23 Sep 1995, Peter da Silva wrote:
> hold all the random *.conf files (/etc/conf.d?)
> would tidy up /etc no end too...

One thing that came up earlier (I forgot who I agreed with :-)
was to put anything that had a bunch of control files (ppp, named,
inet, uucp, mail) in it's own directory and keep the generic stuff
(everything with only one or two files) in /etc.

Why? Because /etc IS the one-stop-shopping place for config files.

-coranth

Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>      |  "Faith Manages."      |
                                          |        - Satai Delenn  |
Phone: 603-598-3440   Fax: 603-598-3430   +------------------------+
USMail: 11 Carver St, Nashua, NH  03060
Disclaimer: All these words are yours, except Europa...