Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:31:05 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@freebsd.org>
To:        kris@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Merge of KAME code

kris> I'm still nervous about merging back the libc changes because (as
kris> demonstrated already) they have a larger chance to affect IPv4 operation.
kris> Umemoto-san, do you have any opinions about the wisdom of this?

The merges to res_init.c, res_send.c and getaddrinfo.c before merging
latest KAME issue is aready MFCed.
Though, the change to getaddrinfo.c is slightly big, it corrects the
behavior of mapped address and saves IPv4 users.
I believe the problem of DNS IPv6 transport support was gone and I've
never heared the problem anymore.  DNS IPv6 transport is desireble for
IPv6 users to live under IPv6 only environment.  I wrote IPv6 code for
installer and intend to commit it for 4.1-RELEASE.  It supports
installation under IPv6 only environment.  It requires DNS IPv6
transport.
I think other parts are no problem for IPv4 users.

There are some changes which are not merged into 5.0-CURRENT yet.  I
think such parts are rather experimental and shouldn't be merged in
this time.

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO @ Business Solution System Development Div., Hitachi Ltd.
E-Mail: ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp ume@mahoroba.org  ume@FreeBSD.org