Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 14:03:23 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Theresa Fienen <fienen@horizon.hit.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freeBSD

On Sat,  2 May 1998 at 21:52:00 -0500, Theresa Fienen wrote:
> HELP!!!! Your system has screwed up my computer! I was attempting to
> install the os onto my computer...things were going fine, but now I
> haven't a way to access my Windows 95 and the FreeBSD is not
> entirely installed and I can't remove it. What do I have to do to
> completely erase every file associated with FreeBSD and restore my
> original Windows 95? This is utterly important to me to get fixed
> ASAP.

Sorry, we're not very experienced in removing FreeBSD and installing
Microsoft products.  I'd suggest you look at your Microsoft
documentation.  Here are some possibilities:

1.  Boot Microsoft from diskette and check the partition table with
    Microsoft's FDISK program.  If you find a Microsoft partition
    (type 4: primary), mark it bootable and reboot.

2.  If you have accidentally overwritten your Microsoft partitions,
    reinstall and restore your data from the backup.

    If this is what happened, it's due to lack of caution on your
    part.  Installing *any* software which manipulates the partition
    table has the potential to shoot yourself in the foot.  Don't
    blame it on the software.

Of course, maybe you want to keep FreeBSD after all?  In that case,
let us know what hardware you have, how far you have got with the
installation, and how you are trying to install it.

Greg