Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:11:07 -0600
From:      Matt Schlosser <mschlosser@eschelon.com>
To:        'Odhiambo Washington' <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FTP Login message?

Yes.  FreeBSD has a "built-in" ftp server with the default install (you can
choose not to install it).

If I remember correctly it is a derivitive of wu-ftp, but took on a life of
its own and doesn't have any of the vulnerabilities that wu is so famous
for.  It's actually a failry robust server, not quite as nice as some of the
commercial packages I've used, but quite nice.

"Can any of you seriously say the Bill of Rights could get through Congress
today? It wouldn't even get out of committee." -F. Lee Bailey