Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 14:47:09 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with ppp -auto

Hello again,

I am having trouble getting ppp -auto to work on a 2.1R machine and it
really has me stumped.  I have used the same configuration files on
another machine for some time with no problems.  When I run ppp -auto on
the new machine the ppp program starts but gives the following error
message:

SIOCAIFADDR: file exists

the ppp program continues to run but nothing seems to work; i.e. ping
etc. fail (just don't do anything).  If I try to telnet to port 3000 on
the machine that also fails.  Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Both machines are running 2.1R and iijppp version 0.94

thanks,
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !