Date:      Fri, 14 May 2004 20:12:47 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Paul Saab <ps@mu.org>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for a Broadcom BCM5704 datasheet

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 09:40:07AM -0700, Paul Saab wrote:
> Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>=20
> >Dear networkers,
> >
> >I'm looking for a Broadcom BCM5704[S] technical datasheet.  If anyone has
> >such a beast, or knows how one could obtain it, please let me know.
> >
> >=20
> >
> As john pointed out, you can only get this under NDA from broadcom. =20
> What exactly are you trying to solve?  I have the latest documentation=20
> so I may be able to help you, but I can't give you the docs.
>=20
We hoped that with dual-channel NIC we could be able to just move
the received frame from one port for TX on another port, to overcome
the 32-bit PCI bus speed limitation, to get better thoroughput with
GigE.  Bill Paul already explained in private that they are actually
two distinct SRAMs, and the operation we needed is not supported
(without PCI involved).

Thanks to everyone who replied!

Cheers,
--=20