Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 06:42:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1 PCMCIA ethernet?

I'm having a difficult time upgrading a laptop (Sony VAIO) to 4.1-RELEASE.

Just doing a clean install, really, no upgrade.

Everything is fine except for the PCMCIA ethernet card (an ed clone);
which worked great in the previous 3.4 installation.

pccardd recognizes the card is inserted; finds it, calls pccard_ether
with the right options, but no matter what - I can't seem to use
the interface - it always times out.

This `feels' like an IRQ problem - but I'm confident that the IRQ
pccardd chooses (IRQ #3) is available.  I've tried #3, #5 and #9,
all with the same results.

Anyone else having PCMCIA issues when upgrading to 4.1?

	- Thanks -
     - Dave Rivers -