Date:      Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:08:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Cavanaugh <john@bang.rain.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: another record

>    Well, yesterday's killer record of 587GB from wcarchive didn't last
> long. It's getting a bit "interesting" that we're so close to topping the
> terabyte/day threshold.

Why "interesting"?

We still have a ways to go before you saturate the 100Mb ethernet don't we?
(don't skewer me if i'm wrong, I haven't done the math) And I know that
the Pro/100B isn't the "sticky" point as far as pumping data out to the
rest of the world...

Can you give us some more details on wcarchives other upcoming upgrades?

You had mentioned putting a 400Mhz Xeon in.  Is this change going to a
allow more ftp sessions or just get the load average under 30 occasionally?
<grin>

Thanks! ;-)
--
John Cavanaugh         "There can be only one."      <john@bang.rain.com>