Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:09:32 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        Richard Beyer <www@mnemosyne.muse.com.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mount a CDROM?

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Richard Beyer wrote:

> Warning! Newbie question!
>
> I've inherited a set-up FreeBSD 2.1r system and can't work out how to
> mount the CDROM.
>
> If have the folllowing line in /etc/fstab
> #/dev/wcd0c	/cdrom	cd9660	ro 1 1

First, that line is commented out, so uncomment it. You should probably
also mark it "noauto" so that at boot time (don't if you want it to mount
at each reboot), the cdrom will not be mounted, and also set the last two
fields to 0 (as CDROM's don't get dumped or fscked). This would give:

/dev/wcd0c	/cdrom	cd9660	ro,noauto 0 0

Then, all you have to do is:
mount /cdrom

> Thanks in advance.