Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 2008 16:33:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mdh <mdh_lists@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Sven Aluoor <aluoor@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Eeepc 1000h

--- On Sat, 11/1/08, Sven Aluoor <aluoor@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor@gmail.com>
> Subject: FreeBSD on Eeepc 1000h
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Date: Saturday, November 1, 2008, 6:43 PM
> Hi folks
>
> I tried netinstall of stable and current. Both versions of
> the
> installer dont have driver for my NIC.
>
> How to get ethernet working?
>
> "lscpi" on Debian Lenny:
> 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L1
> Gigabit
> Ethernet Adapter (rev b0)
>
> kind regards
> Sven

If I recall correctly, the eeepc 1000H has an Attansic L1E, not an L1, ethernet controller chipset.  FreeBSD RELENG_7 has support for the L1 and the L2, but I've heard that the L1E doesn't work yet.  You should do some searching for a driver, it's possible one of our fine developers is looking for helping testing one they're working on.  ;)

- mdh