Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:58:09 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        Dan Flemming <danflemming@mac.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Two IP addresses

Hi,

The default route is pointing to the tun0 interface, most probably, that means
that any packets who's destination is not on the local lan and have no route
in the routing table will be sent via the tun0 interface and almost nothing
via tun1.

You'll have to add the routes that you want to go via tun1 manually or use ipfw
to forward certain kinds of traffic via tun1.

Best Regards
Willem Brown

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 12:50:57PM -0400, Dan Flemming wrote:
> I have a 3.4-RELEASE box with two IP addresses, both established by
> userland ppp.
>
> Now, when I establish tun1's IP with a call to ppp, it initially seems
> to work, but it gives a warning:
>
> Warning: Add route failed: default already exists
>
> I haven't been able to route packets using tun1... what am I doing wrong?

 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

Real programmers don't write in Pascal, Bliss, or Ada, or
any of those pinko computer science languages.  Strong
typing is for people with weak memories.