Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 20:53:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        madscientist@thegrid.net (The Mad Scientist)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AHA-1510 support

The Mad Scientist wrote...
> All,
> 	I see in the handbook that Adaptec AHA-1510 controllers are no longer
> supported in the new CAM SCSI system.  Does anyone know when they will be
> supported again in the latest release?

If you want support in an actual release, you'll have to wait until 3.4.

If you want to run -current or -stable, a driver for the 6260/6360 chips
was checked in in the past week.  You could run a stable snapshot, look at

ftp://current.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386

for the latest current and stable snapshot releases.

I don't think the aic driver has been put in GENERIC yet, so you'll have to
make a custom kernel to access the controller.  Since you can't boot off
your 1510 in any case, you can probably just do the install and then
recompile your kernel with the aic driver.

If you have any questions about the aic driver, contact the author, Luoqi
Chen <luoqi@FreeBSD.org>.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry