Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:52:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help with mutex_pool please?

:
:* Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> [020119 20:11] wrote:
:> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
:> >
:> > I was going to convert some subsystems to use mutex pools...
:> >
:> > However if I apply this delta, a couple of seconds after boot I get
:> > a lockup, sometimes the panic message is printed "sleeping with
:> > mutex held"
:> >
:> > Any clues?
:>
:> Implied unlock on the two destroys you removed?
:
:Ah, thanks!
:
:--
:-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]

    That sounds like a misfeature, since there had better not be any
    contention with another process anyway when a mutex is in the process
    of being destroyed.  The mutex destroy function should probably
    panic when it finds the mutex held and we should fix whatever other
    cases use the misfeature.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>